The Museo di Palazzo Mocenigo is a palazzo near the Church of San Stae, south of the Grand Canal in the sestiere of Santa Croce in Venice, Italy. It is now a museum of fabrics and costumes, run by the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia.
The Palazzo Mocenigo was bequeathed to the city of Venice by Alvise Nicolò Mocenigo in 1945. He was the last descendant of the family and intended the palazzo to be used “as a Gallery of Art, to supplement Museo Correr”. In 1985, the palazzo was designated as the Museum and Study Centre of the History of Fabrics and Costumes. The museum contains collections of textiles and costumes, mainly from the Correr, Guggenheim, and Cini collections, as well as the Palazzo Grassi. Palazzo Mocenigo also has a library on the first floor covering the history of costumes, fabrics, and fashion, especially from the 18th century.
The palace was frescoed by 18th-century artists including Giambattista Canal, Giovanni Scajaro, and Jacopo Guarana.
A Patrician residence at San Stae, Palazzo Mocenigo contains precious furnishings and 18th-century paintings. It is the seat of the Museum and Study Centre of the History of Fabrics and Costumes, displaying a selection of rare fabrics and costumes, including original and sumptuous garments from the 18th century. After the restyling of the Palace, in 2013 a new itinerary entirely dedicated to the history of perfume and essences has been opened to the public, the first one in Italy.